The Association for Language Learning’s annual conference and CPD event
A packed programme with speakers across the languages sector which attracts up to 250 participants a day with a large number coming from primary and secondary schools.
- It's an exhibition: a large and varied exhibition showcasing the latest in language learning resources and support
- It's a real boost to your teaching: a great way to recharge your batteries – a two day shot of ideas, advice, debate and inspiration
- It's a celebration: get together with other language teachers from around the UK, and around the world
The title of Language World 2016 is Curriculum Innovation, highlighting the changing landscape of language learning. As we face many curriculum changes, we aim to explore innovative opportunities which the new curricula bring for all language learners and educators.
What else can you expect from Language World 2016?
- ALL is leading a government-funded programme called ALL Connect. We will be launching two new features of the training programme at Language World 2016 – a KS2/3 Transition Toolkit and a KS2 Co-ordinator’s Handbook.
- ALL will also be highlighting its new Language Futures initiative, which centres around student choice and agency, creating and fostering a broader language learning community beyond the classroom doors, with teachers acting as facilitators of project-based learning.
- ALL runs an award scheme offered in partnership with Routes into Languages, and will be announcing the Primary and Secondary Language Teachers of the Year 2016 and the Student Languages Ambassador of the Year 2016, at an awards ceremony at Language World 2016.
This year Language World will also feature language-specific Show and Tells for primary and secondary in French, German and Spanish, so look out for these on the conference programme – immerse yourself in the target language by selecting one of these.
How can I find out more?
More than 50 inspiring speakers are confirmed over the two day programme. Take a look at the full Language World 2016 programme which comprises plenary lectures, major talks and workshops, as well as opportunities to browse the exhibition and to network with colleagues:
How do I sign up?
To sign up to Language World, please visit the event's dedicated website.
Venue: Dunchurch Park Hotel and Conference Centre, Rugby Road, Dunchurch, Warwickshire, CV22 6QW